Mazars in India has set-up a German Desk to assist German companies at all stage of their corporate development.
‘Shaping the future together’ stated Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during the closing ceremony of the "Day of India in Germany 2012-13" in Berlin. Both countries are determined to take its bilateral business relations to a new level. Germany is India’s biggest trading partner in Europe and the 5th biggest trading partner in the world. But to date, there are approximately only 1.500 German companies, though a large potential for further investments.
As a German company, you can reap the benefits of this important partnership through our German Desk.
The German Desk’s multicultural team comprises professionals fully able to handle German companies’ issues thanks to their cross-border experience, highly developed skills and dual qualifications in German-Indian accounting and regulatory requirements.
At Mazars, the German Desk professionals can also draw on the expertise and knowledge of the specialist teams in Audit & Assurance, Outsourcing & Accounting services, M&A services, Advisory, Tax Compliance and Advisory, and Training as required by the on-going assignment.
In addition, Mazars’ international and integrated partnership structure allows our German Desk professionals to work closely with Mazars’s teams in Germany , Switzerland , Austria and Luxembourg on cross-border assignments.
1. Supporting German companies to settle in India
Mazars in India can support German businesses planning to invest or operate in India by providing the following services:
- Feasibility studies
- Support in preparing the business plan
- Company formation and corporate secretarial services
- Negotiations with banks
- A structured approach when setting up your business
2. Supporting German companies in their Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) in India
Should you consider M&A activities in India, Mazars in India can help you with the following services:
- Transaction services, including:
- Due diligence
- Feasibility studies
- Assistance in the negotiation and implementation of representations and warranties
- Corporate Finance, especially:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Equity restructuring
- Corporate evaluations
- Merger / demerger
3. Supporting German companies settled in India
For German businesses which already operate in India, Mazars can provide the following services:
- Audit & Assurance
- Outsourcing & Accounting services
- Advisory ( Transaction services, IT services, Risk Management & Internal Control, Forensics, Business Recovery )
- Tax Compliance and Advisory
- IFRS / German GAAP transition and audit services
4. Supporting Indian companies to settle and fund in German countries
Mazars in India is directly connected to the Indian Desk in Germany, to provide seamless services to Indian companies planning to invest in Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Lux-embourg.
Our services encompass:
- Providing documented understanding on the business environment, accounting framework and tax differences between Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Switzerland and India
- Performing market entry feasibility studies and investment environment analyses
- Navigating through the IPO process in the German-speaking financial markets
- Identifying acquisition targets in German-speaking countries and all related compliance work
- Assisting Indian companies and individuals with their tax obligations and providing payroll and social welfare services
- Assisting Indian companies in converting financial statements from/to German GAAP, Austrian GAAP, Luxembourg GAAP or Swiss GAAP, IFRS and Indian GAAP or providing technical reconciliation services
5. Mazars can assist German businesses in their corporate development with German Desk resources in the following countries:
- The United States