GST and indirect taxes need careful planning as they make up an ever-larger part of the tax take.
Governments worldwide have shifted taxation to VAT/GST and other indirect taxes over recent years to stabilise their tax base.
Not at least due to the increasing attention paid by the tax authorities at national and international level, GST and indirect taxes have gained in importance for internationally operating companies in particular. Increasing complexity, caused mainly by a constant change in jurisdiction and legislation, not only make it more difficult to assess any special issues correctly for the purposes of indirect taxes, but also to fulfill the worldwide GST and indirect tax obligations in the day-to-day business. Moreover, it has already become obvious that the COVID-19 crisis will have an impact on the sourcing of businesses – with number of GST and indirect tax issues.
With companies facing high penalties (including personal fines for the management of companies) for non-compliance, GST and indirect taxes have risen up the corporate agenda.
We offer the support you need to meet your GST and indirect tax obligations.
GST and indirect taxes are transaction driven, complex, and can have a major impact on your bottom line. At Mazars, we can help with GST and indirect taxation across the whole business lifecycle, from when your company is formed through to detailed structuring of transactions and assistance in terms of litigation.
We have deep national and international expertise from a team of tax consultants, specialist lawyers for tax law as well as auditors and management consultants. Our 'Global Indirect Tax Group' comprises a worldwide network of specialists who advise companies exclusively in the field of indirect taxes, e.g. VAT/GST and customs, foreign trade law and excise duties.
Due to our presence in almost all major economic centers, we solve your indirect tax challenges and help you to fulfil your respective obligations - wherever you are.
GST and other indirect taxes are affected by court rulings and changes in legislation of both, national and international significance. This makes it even more important to have an internationally positioned team of experts at your side to keep you constantly up to date of any changes.
Our services (excerpt of customised service offerings):
- Full service advisory services on general or specific GST and indirect tax issues.
- Identifying and managing GST and indirect tax risks.
- Dealing with customs and indirect tax litigation issues due to non-compliance or investigation
- GST/customs audit support.
- GST and indirect tax compliance impact on supply chain management and business model optimisation (BMO).
- Advising on GST and indirect tax issues during the M&A process (incl. due diligences and drafting/checking indirect tax clauses).
- ‘GST group cross-check’ – an analysis of your group structure and processes.
- GST risk management concepts, including advisory in terms of tax compliance management systems (TCMS).
- GST and indirect tax consultancy as interface between GST/customs law and criminal tax law.
- Representation during appeal and court proceedings.
- GST advisory services in connection with IT implementations
- GST and customs compliance and outsourcing.
- National and international staff training, upon request customised for the various functional areas of your company (e.g. sales, procurement, accounting).
- GST reviews (‘Health Checks’, ‘Diagnostic review’).
- Preparation of (electronic) handbooks, in particular for use at the marketing and sales level (‘conscious contract design’).
- Consultancy in respect to export control compliance.
Our tools & solutions
- VAT Comparison tool: Our VAT comparison tool offers our clients the opportunity to gain information of country specific VAT jurisdictions. This enables businesses to get an initial idea of the VAT
- VAT-ID Verifier tool: A fully integrated software solution. We offer you a solution whichever you need: Quickly and personally via our Managed Service, simply and permanently online via our self-service or seamlessly automated through ERP integration. We will help you to find the best solution for you.
- Signals/InControl: Our VAT and indirect tax team uses a range of globally accessible tools, e.g. our communication platform Signals and the dashboard InControl.
- Customised IT tool development: We appreciate on-going and close contact with our clients. In terms of IT tools and solutions, we focus on developing products on market demand, preferably together with our clients.
As their importance rises, GST and indirect taxes are becoming increasingly complex.
Mazars in India GST and Indirect Tax Group is well prepared to assist you: quickly, competently and practically oriented. Our GST and indirect tax team takes a proactive, integrated and solutions-based approach with decision guidance.
We have in-depth expertise for industries facing complex, cross-border indirect tax issues such as real estate, energy, health care and automotive.
We regularly offer our clients the opportunity to exchange and network with representatives from industry, financial administration, associations and Mazars experts at international conferences (e.g. International Tax Conference, Global VAT and Indirect Tax Client Conference).